- How do I add my site to your Directory?
Please, identify the single best category for your site in our FreePhotoGallery.info . Once you've selected the best category for your site, go directly to that category on FreePhotoGallery.info and then click "Add URL." Read our Submission Guidance and Term and Conditions and follow the instructions on the submission form.
Our editors will review your submission to determine whether to include it in the directory. It may take several weeks before your submission is reviewed. Please only submit a URL to the FreePhotoGallery.info once!
The inclusion, placement, deletion, etc. of any URL in FreePhotoGallery.info at our sole discretion.
- Why my site has not been accepted (deleted, edited)?
Inclusion in the Directory is not guaranteed. In order for FreePhotoGallery to consider your site for inclusion in the Directory, you must follow our Submittion Guidence and agree to our Term and Conditions. We don't accept all sites, so please don't take it personally should your site not be accepted.
We never comment on our editorial practice but such decisions are always based on our published guidelines.
For your reference the most common reasons we do not approve websites are:
Please also remember:
- The site is under construction, and/or is incomplete.
- The site has no way for us to identify it as a "photography site".
- Duplication of content from different domains, and/or affiliate sites.
- The URL submitted is not actually a complete website but is clearly part or subdomain of a larger website.
- The site is operated on free hosting service; or public image sharing and/or shopping hosting service; or mass portfolios hosting service.
- Copyright infringement and violations, and/or the owner of the copyrights is not clearly indicated.
- Excessive amount of keywords in the name and/or in the sites description.
- Advertising and/or contact information in the title and/or in the description of the site.
- Incomplete (too short) or incorrect description and/or title of the site.
- Description of the site is not in English.
- Excessive amount of Capitalizing Word in description.
- ALLCAPS in the description or in the title of the site.
- Wrongly selected category of the submission.
- Multiply (spam) submissions.
- The Title of the site should be either the name of the photographer (Surname, Name - ie Smith, John)or, where it seems more appropriate, the name of the site itself or the company's name-- and no more than this.
- The Description should be free of personal pronouns, contact information and advertising and worded the way an observer and/or reviewer of the site would describe it and its content. Your Description should be informative and simply let people know who's at the back of the site and what information it contains or conveys.
- The thumbnail of my site is not available! Why?
Visitors of FreePhotoGallery can see automatically generated thumbnail sized images of your website. This is third - party service and images are not hosted on our server. It may take up to one week before the proper thumbnails will appear. In same cases, because of slow response time of some sites, the thumbnails may appear with no fully integrated graphics and images.
- How to get your site listed in bold?
To get your site listed in bold, you must place a reciprocal link on your site, and send to us the address of the page where the reciprocal link has already been placed.
We do not require you to place the reciprocal link on your main page, but do ask that it is placed on a page that is easily spidered by search engines and clearly accessible to your visitors.
Our editors will review your submission to determine whether to include it in the directory. Reciprocal links will be reviewed in 5 working days.
Check our requirements and get our linking codes.
Important: We can not accept links as reciprocal from "link farms", from pages with more than 20 links on it, from pages created "for search engines only", pages with hidden links and links from hidden pages, links from "nofollow" pages, links from the free hosting sites, links in scripts, etc.
- Why was my site removed from bold listing?
We provide bold listing and express approval to sites which provide a reciprocal link back to us. Our robot checks location of all reciprocal links frequently.
If the reciprocal link is removed from your site or you change the location of the reciprocal link, our robot will inform us, and your listing will be removed from bold to regular, or, in some cases, the whole site could be removed from our listing automatically. Please inform us in advance about any changes of your reciprocal link.
If you site is made in Flash, our robot will not notice the reciprocal link, and your link could be demoted automatically, but we are happy to correct listing by hand.
If you are sure that your listing is no longer in bold with no apparent reason, please contact us.
- When I submit my site to the Directory I have the following message on the screen "That URL already exists in our directory or is waiting for validation" , but I absolutely sure that my site is not listed.
The most common reason is the format of the URL of the submitted site. Please be sure URL (address) of your site looks like http://www.submittedsite.com
Correct URL: http://www.submittedsite.com
Incorrect URL: www.submittedsite.com
Incorrect URL: submittedsite.com
Incorrect URL: email@example.com
If the problem persists, please contact our Support Team.
- I would like to edit description of my site or change the title of my site.
If the description of your site (or the title of your site) is incorrect, please submit the new ones. We do not guarantee that such changes will be accepted by our editors and we not comment on our editorial practice. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete any content of the Directory. We reserve the right to reject any directory submission for any reason, and we reserve the right to remove entries or move them to other categories at any time, and we reserve the right to edit your submission's title and description and keywords, and we reserve the right to edit title, description and keyword of any site listed in our Directory. Please check our Submission Guide before suggest any changes in your listing.
- I have a question. How I can contact you?
You may send us a message from our Contact Page.
- May I link to you?
Yes, you may link to us. There is no need to ask permission. You can either have a text link, or if you like you can use our banners.
- May I use a photo from listed site?
A SIMPLE ANSWER IS NO! All materials contained on the sites listed in our directory are copyrighted by respective owners and/or photographers. Always contact them first for permission to use the materials and photos!
For more information about copyright please read Copyright Explained or 10 Big Myths about copyright explained.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask YOU to do the same!
- Is FreePhotoGallery a Search Engine or a Directory?
FreePhotoGallery is a web directory - all of the sites in it are evaluated and categorized by human editors, which means that we can make categories that our visitors can browse through. We are working on creating our new search engine QualityFoto Search Engine, and it is available online already.
- How I can help?
Free Photo Gallery is non-profit independent project promoting the art and science of photography through making more visible the high quality fine art photography sites to the worldwide community
We are totally dependent on the financial generosity of our sponsors and advertisers and we're are thankful for your generous visit to their sites. We may also offer you to advertise your site, service and business on FreePhotogallery.info For more details about how to advertise with us please do hot hesitate to contact us.
Also we readily and thankfully accept any donations which you can make right now:
- How many visitors does your Directory get?
The following is Alexa traffic rank button which automatically updates with our traffic rank every day.
The above traffic results are certified by Alexa.com, the leading traffic-measurement company on the Internet. Alexa computes traffic rankings by analyzing the Web usage of millions and millions of users. The information is sorted, sifted, anonymized, counted, and computed, until, finally, the traffic rankings shown in the Alexa service. The process is relatively complex, but if you have a need to know, please read on.
In Alexa Traffic Ranks, a lower number is better. The number 1 site receives more Alexa-monitored traffic than any other web site on the Internet.